Sunday 15 June 2014

A Common Man

man-and-childRaj is a middle aged man. He was born into a poor family, still raised well by his father and mother. His father owned a welding shop and used to work for more than 12 hours a day to lead a decent living.
Still, Raj’s father could not afford to provide a luxurious living to his family. Raj was an average student in his school and used to score around 70 percent marks. Raj’s dream is always to become a doctor. Since his marks weren’t very high, he could not get the desired course he wanted to study. He joined a bachelor’s degree course, completed the course successfully and got a job in a company.
His life was going on with no dramatic change. His father was still working in his welding shop and earned for his life. After getting a permanent job, Raj’s parent wanted him to marry. He got married his native town as he got promoted in the job, along with his wife. After few years, he had beautiful twin boys.
Raj began to earn handsome salary and started to live a luxurious life. He bought a house, own a car and had all luxurious facilities, while some of them are really unnecessary. His company provided him a car, still Raj purchased a new car!
After almost 6 – 7 years, the little boys were growing up and Raj owing to his rich lifestyle could not able to manage the household expenses and pay for the children’ education and other necessities of life.
His father fell sick and could not continue his work in the welding shop. He requested to send some money for his treatment and to the household expenses as well.
Raj, who was already suffering from financial crisis, shouted at their parents and told them he has no money to help them.
Raj scolded their parents, ‘You never put me in a big school. I studied in a small school. I was not provided rich costumes, where most of my friends wore rich and expensive dresses. You feed me my favourite foods very rarely, where I wasn’t able to taste a few varieties of foods. When I got low marks you did not had enough money to pay for my medical seat and it took more than 10 years for me to get settled. Now, I’m again struggling for money. You did not do anything for me, still you are like burden to me! Don’t come to me again.’
His parents left shattered.
Raj, after a week, was travelling in a train as he was on an official tour. He saw a small boy aged about 10 years selling toys. The boy requested Raj to buy something. Raj questioned the boy why he is selling toys in train, instead of studying and what his parents were doing?
The boy replied, ‘My father met with an accident before a year, he lost one hand. He could not work now. My mom is working as a servant maid in a few houses. I’m helping my parents by selling toys. I go to school and come to sell toys only in the evenings. I work for 3 hours a day and I will study at night!’
Raj purchased a few toys from him, yet he learned the lesson of the life from the small boy.
At the very tender age, the small boy helping his parent, but Raj who was just unable to meet the lavish lifestyle, which is quite stupid thing neglected his parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment